Schreiber-Hemlo Project View map
The Jackfish Lake Project hosts several immediate areas of interest, which are historically underexplored
The property straddles the contact zone of the Terrace Bay Batholith with Mafic Volcanic Rocks which host several nearby mines and deposits including the Northshore Gold Deposit, and historical Gold Range Prospect, Otisse, Jeddar and Empress Prospects.
The Jackfish Lake Project hosts several areas of interest, which are historically underexplored, presenting an opportunity for new discoveries:
- The Jackfish Lake area contains multiple gold (+silver-lead-copper) occurrences in quartz veins/stockworks and altered granodiorite. Exploration work over an area 1km x 1km confirmed widespread anomalous gold mineralisation. This includes three zones of shallow-dipping, altered quartz-carbonate veins and vein stockwork containing high-grade gold values along a probable NW shear zone over a distance of about 1.5km. These are North Zone (up to 39.8g/t Au, 2021), Hematite Zone (historic samples up to 4.3g/t Au) and Cliff Zone (up to 23.3g/t Au, 2021). The veins contain sulphides, dominantly pyrite, chalcopyrite and galena and are hosted within altered granodiorite.
- The Kellyn area hosts several historic REE, gold/base metal workings and occurrences assaying up to 26.8g/t Au and 454g/t Ag. In addition to the bedrock mineralisation at Kellyn, detailed historic soil sampling has located a complex soil anomaly in an area of no exposure up to 500m north of the main bedrock with anomalous elements in soils including gold, silver, zinc, lead, mercury, molybdenum, antimony and tellurium, with a clear copper-gold association.
- The metavolcanics to the east of the batholith appear underexplored and could be an analogue for the central mineralised zone on the Big Bear property
- Widespread mineralisation area of 1km x 1km with Rock samples of up to 39.8g/t Au and 1.01% Cu
- Mineralisation also found at the Terrace Bay Batholith contact zone, which hosts several nearby mines and deposits including North Shore Gold deposit (28km west), Empress, Ottise and Gold range
- Anomalous mineralisation noted along the unexplored eastern margin of the Terrace Bay Granite. Similar setting to the high-grade Cliff Zone
Cliff Zone Vein
Fulcrum in the field