Gold, Copper and Nickel potential in an emerging district.
The northern part of the project is host to a large silicified quartz stockwork system.
The Dog Lake property is located on the south-eastern limb of the Michipicoten Greenstone Belt, which hosts Alamos Gold’s Island gold mine (1.3Moz Proven and probable10.12g/t Au) and Argonauts Gold’s Magino project (1.3Moz measured at 0.98g/t Au). There are four known Mineral Occurrences in the property.
The Northern part of the property is prospective for gold and copper with the Gilbert prospect sampling up to 3.73g/t Au and the Anglehart Discovery Prospect sampling up to 5.2g/t Au.
The Southern part of the property Is prospective for copper and nickel with a roadside outcrop roadside soil sample recorded by the Ontario Geological Survey (OGS) of 3474ppm copper and similar ultramafic geological units along Carry Lake extending on to the property from adjacent property with Nickel showings up to 4477ppm.
Fulcrum has identified three high priority targets for further testing:
- Gilbert, Northern licence area – historic gold showings of up to 3.73g/t Au. Associated with carbonaceous shear zone within metavolcanic rocks.
- Anglehart/ Discovery Northern licence area – historic gold showings of up to 5.2g/t Au. Host to a large fault-controlled, silicified N-S quartz stockwork system with metavolcanic rocks.
- Southern licence area appears to host ultramafic geological units with Cu-Ni potential; an outcrop roadside soil sample by Ontario Geological Survey (OGS) identified Cu 3474ppm.
- Just 30km from two +1Moz gold deposits
- Prospective for gold, copper and nickel
- To be developed as a possible JV / acquisition target